The Unplime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Morning,Day, Night....whichever

5 posters

Go down

Good Morning,Day, Night....whichever Empty Good Morning,Day, Night....whichever

Post by eljay Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:02 am

Good Morning everyone! What are your plans today? My plans have been made for me from 6:45AM until 3:00PM. I am working. I survived Black Friday. I worked 4:45AM until 1:30PM. It was a crazy madhouse zoo! In case you don't know what "Black Friday" is...it is the day after Thanksgiving when the stores open at horrible awful hours(Kohl's and JCPenney opened at 4AM!) and have tremendous sales--usually only good for a few hours. It is called Black Friday because it is the one day, that puts retailers in the black for the whole year(in some cases). It was waaaay harder than I thought. Shocked But I made it! I will survive another day. Well fellow plimers...what are you doing today???? Nosy me wants to know. Have a grand day whatever it is. upvote
eljay
eljay
Refugee

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Good Morning,Day, Night....whichever Empty Re: Good Morning,Day, Night....whichever

Post by suebe Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:29 am

'morning eljay! Glad to know you survived Black Friday. I elected not to celebrate, again. I did have some time to kill before my hair appointment and walked into a shoe store down the block to discover they were having a "buy one, get 2 free" sale. w00t! 2 pairs of boots and a hot pair of high heel mules later...
suebe
suebe
Refugee

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Good Morning,Day, Night....whichever Empty Re: Good Morning,Day, Night....whichever

Post by Misswinkle Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:53 am

Good morning. I had my first night without the baby last night. Felt really weird. I didn't know what to do with myself. Plus-no Plime. I tried to go to bed early and found myself watching Hostel. No nightmares-yippee! Anyway, my son is home now and is tearing up the house. Back to reality. I love it. I miss you guys.

Eljay-you're a real trooper. I used to work retail on Black Friday. People are amazing, aren't they? I feel for you. Thank God it's over.
Misswinkle
Misswinkle
Refugee

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyMrP Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:04 am

Well, we went Black Friday shopping yesterday. Tired today because i work afternoons. Up early/up late.
HeyMrP
HeyMrP
Refugee

Back to top Go down

Post by pocksucket Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:28 pm

I spent a large part of the day at Flash event called the FlashBrighton Big Day Out. This was deliberate on my part. I didn't get confused. I didn't expect to find a room full of people intent on exposing their genitals to the famed East Sussex seaside city.

The venue is just round the corner from my office and my plan was to park there. Roadworks slowed me down (3/4s of an hour to get 2/3rds of a mile scratch ) and then discovering that some muppet has changed my access to the building meaning I needed to find somewhere else to park made for a very frustrating journey.

Finally arrived for the conference a little late - part way through the first speaker's bit. He was from Adobe and just doing a sales pitch though, so it wasn't so bad.

Apart from one speaker who nearly sent me to sleep (and I was sat on the front row - he must have known) it was pretty interesting stuff. Add to that free pizza (so much free pizza), some teeshirts and copy of Flex 2* and it was a winner.

Just one thing though. A stereotype. Some may have the impression that software developers, programmers and their ilk are a little on the, well, shall we say unwashed side. After the nodding off experience I went outside for some fresh air. When I came back in again, there was a distinct smell of beard. Dirty beard. So I'm thinking that I may have to suggest a slogan for teeshirts:

Good Morning,Day, Night....whichever Soaptee

*If you don't know, you probably won't want to know, so just focus on the free pizza and teeshirts.
pocksucket
pocksucket
Refugee

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by eljay Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:59 pm

It was great hearing from you all! I wanted to upvote you all! ahaha. Now that plime is up I can go do that there. And I am 21 now! Thanks to your votes. See you all there. santa
eljay
eljay
Refugee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down